"I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and your laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom. " ~Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

small stone: day fifteen

Frustrations run high today.
With circumstances, with life... with myself.
Tears threaten to fall, but if they do, they may not stop.
Sinking into feeling.
And I don't want to go there.
Bury my head in the sand.
Encase my heart in stone.
Build the walls, tear them down, build them back up again.
Open, says my soul.
Open, says my heart.
The cracks are where the light gets in, they say...
But I'm not feeling the light today.
Just the shatter.


4 comments:

  1. Hello Adara, Came over from FB to read on your blog. I think you're young and I'm old, but for what it's worth sometimes tears can cleanse - help wash away hurt and frustration. Maybe, when you're alone, let them fall.. Howl if you must. Beat your fists into a pillow. Then, make a nice cup of tea, shudder a little and square your shoulders. Good Luck! Thanks for your heartfelt stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know you are loved and from that love comes strength. The strength that can hold you when the tears fall and you shatter. And that strength can help you pick up the pieces. Sending you a big hug. If you need a listening ear, please call. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping in and leaving a comment, Barb. Not so young (41), but having a teenaged angst kind of moment. Tears cleansed, and today is better. :)

    And my dear friend of Mindful Way... I love you, and cherish your never-ending support and friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah those moments. I know them well. Glad to hear that tears helped cleanse some of the angst away. Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete