"I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and your laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom. " ~Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

breath of fire

The past few weeks have been a rush of ups, downs, passions, lethargy, moving forward only to move backwards... then forward again. Purpose, lack of purpose, purpose found once more. Frustrations, elation.

Sometimes I think I'm a little insane.

Then I think we're all a lot insane.

And then I realize it's just life.

Sometimes we're living in the past, sometimes we're living in the future, and every once in a while we find ourselves smack dab in the present, where we should be more often. But, then again, time is not linear, as much as we try to make it so. We all have a foot in some other time, some other place... whether we realize it, or not. We're all going to be a little stuck in the things that "were", dreaming of the things that "might be", and, hopefully, appreciating and being open to the things that "are".

More and more, I'm hearing the drum beat of my heart. Hearing the song of my soul. My love is for singing, dancing, writing. And I have to keep on keeping on with all of that if I'm going to live up to my purpose here on Earth. I trust that doors are going to open, that I will soar if I simply do what I love. Today, I release all attachments to outcome. Today, I trust my inner wisdom. Today, I open myself to life and all that it brings.

Today, I breathe in this quote, and let myself fly!

“I want to live the rest of my life, however long or short, with as much sweetness as I can decently manage, loving all the people I love, and doing as much as I can of the work I still have to do. I am going to write fire until it comes out of my ears, my eyes, my noseholes--everywhere. Until it's every breath I breathe. I'm going to go out like a fucking meteor!” ~Audre Lorde


No comments:

Post a Comment