"I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and your laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom. " ~Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

breaking open

It's been a while since I posted something other than Small Stones...  life has been a bit of a whirlwind, and it's been difficult to do more than the occasional mindful awareness moment.

I've been breaking open. Shaking loose, I guess you could say. An opportune moment came for me to take a songwriting class, and that seems to have finally shifted things within. And probably on the outer, as well. Everything has opened up over the last six weeks and there has been a myriad of emotions that have gone with it. Excitement, frustration, joy, a few tears, one moment strong, the next moment weak... and the sensation of being so utterly raw from it all.

"There is a crack, a crack in everything 
That's how the light gets in." ~Leonard Cohen


I've re-shaped my ideas of what I want my life to look like, and now the hard work begins of figuring out how to make it all happen. And to do so without getting too attached to outcomes. That's always the fun part.

Changes are on the horizon. In quite a few areas. If you need me, look for the woman riding the waves, trying to remember to breathe...



No comments:

Post a Comment