"I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and your laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom. " ~Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Monday, May 13, 2013

you got this, woman


Tonight is a night where I find myself struggling as an artist. One of those moments when I am faced with just how much I have to learn... and it is overwhelming. I am throwing my hands up to the Universe and letting the words fly:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE BLOODY HELL I AM DOING!

I need to figure out production. I need to refresh my memory on music theory. I need to work on my ear. I need to take piano lessons. I need to get better on guitar.  I need to bloody work on my vocals.  

In other words:  I need to go back to school. Somehow, some way I will figure it out. I've been taking MOOC classes, but it's not enough. I need a good, solid program. Berklee. I want to be in you.

Feeling so utterly discouraged right now, but at the same time, utterly determined. I can do this. I know I can. This cat always lands on her feet, and there is no way in hell I'm going to give up on this. Must keep putting one foot in front of the other.




Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.  ~Louis Pasteur


No comments:

Post a Comment